Want to know what volunteering at YouthLink is like? Hear what Cora, one of our clothing closet volunteers, has to say:
“When a young person comes into the clothing closet and finds a great new outfit for an interview, a new warm jacket, or just a pair of jeans that fits perfectly, it relieves a tiny bit of the immense amount of stress that they carry around with them every day. I love being a part of those little successes, and enjoy all the interactions I have with the people here: listening to personal stories and goals, and sharing laughs. The young people here face so many challenges, but they keep on pushing forward—their strength amazes me.” – Cora, clothing closet volunteer
Looking for more info on our volunteer program? Check out the FAQs and other links below for basic policy information and opportunities.
- YouthLink Volunteer Program FAQs
- YouthLink Volunteer Process
- Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Minimum age requirement 24. Exception: Young Professionals Board minimum age requirement 21.
- Open Positions:
- Breakfast Volunteer: prepare and serve breakfast for 50 people. Time and Day: Thursday 8:20am-9:30am.
- Child Care, YouthLink: Provide supervision for children ages 0-5. Interact with young parents and model positive childcare behavior. Time and Day: TBD.
- Independent Living Skills Worker (ILS), Housing: Provide onsite independent living skill sessions, and work one on one or in a group session with residents to increase their skills in the areas of: basic living skills (apartment standards), communication skills, self-care, financial management, accessing transportation, social skills, safety skills, and meal planning and nutrition. Time and Day: 1.5-2 hour shift, between 10am-6pm, Mon-Thu.
- Please contact Jelena Song at email@example.com for more information about YouthLink volunteer programs and roles.
- Internship: please contact Lisa Borneman, Clinical Services Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Minimum age requirement 21.
- Meal Service, YouthLink: breakfast and lunch options available. Flexible dates. Estimated cost: $100.00-$350.00
- Sign up here (includes calendar and detailed information)
- Meal Service, Housing (min. age requirement 24, group size 3-5 volunteers): purchase groceries and prepare a meal for approximately 30-40 young people in on of housing sites, serve a meal and eat with youth. Estimated cost: $100.00-$200.00.
- Game Afternoon with Ice Cream and/or Pizza, Housing (min. age requirement 24, group size 3-5 volunteers): host and enjoy pizza/ice cream and games, while engaging in conversations and connecting with residents. Volunteers need to bring games. Flexible dates. Estimated cost: $100.00.
- YouthLink Birthday Bingo Celebration: Volunteers provide cake and ice cream, as well as a few small prizes for bingo. YouthLink provides the bingo set and all necessary serving utensils for cake and ice cream.
- Drop-In, AM, (min. age requirement 21, group size 5-8 volunteers): host a celebration for approx. 70 young people. Second Thursday of every month, 11:00am-1:00pm. Estimated cost: $100.00
- Drop-In, PM (min. age requirement 21, group size 3-5 volunteers): host a celebration for approx. 30 young people. First Wednesday of every month, 4:00pm-5:30pm. Estimated cost: $70.00.
- Housing (min. age requirement 24, group size 3-5 volunteers): host a celebration for approx. 10-15 young people. Flexible dates. Estimated cost: $50.00.
- Please contact Jelena Song at email@example.com for more information about YouthLink group volunteer activities and the available dates.
Please see our FAQs for opportunities for those under 21.