YouthLink COVID-19 Response
Last Updated March 17, 2020, 9:00 am
To our community friends and partners,
With the health and well-being of our young adults, staff, YOC partners, volunteers and community being paramount, YouthLink is taking precautionary measures to protect our delivery of safe, quality services.
Our Rapid Response Team is in direct communication with Hennepin County Public Health, Health Care for the Homeless, Minnesota Department of Health, and other community providers regarding to the population we serve and our setting to put in place an evolving set of actions to minimize risk to people who access our space.
During this challenging time, we will remain open for the vulnerable population of young people experiencing homelessness we serve by implementing recommended safety protocols. We ask that anyone visiting YouthLink respect the following actions:
- If coming to visit for a service, call ahead and/or go first to the Welcome Center front desk to check in and wash your hands.
- No group tours, volunteer events, or group activities will be held onsite until further notice.
- Onsite meetings of more than 10 people are canceled until further notice.
- Social distancing protocols of 6 feet distance for all interactions will be strictly followed.
- Only in-kind donations of new winter clothing items and new hygiene products such as hand soap, hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies, deodorant, toothbrushes, and toothpaste accepted.
We know you care about the young people we serve. Many have asked how you can help. Donate online to help support young people we serve during this critical period. You can also purchase hygiene products off our Amazon Smile Wish List.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Welcome Center at 612-252-1200.
YouthLink will continue to provide updates as more news becomes available. Thank you for your continuing partnership with us. We will get through this.
Dr. Heather Huseby